Collection of Personal Data
You may provide us with your Personal Data in order to receive information, advice, products or services from us. We may request personal information about you such as your name, postal address, email address, telephone numbers and we may ask for information which enables us to provide a personalised service to you. The information you give us is either manually or electronically stored in our databases.
Use of Personal Data
We process your Personal Data, and share your Personal Data with other members of our group or other third parties, only for specific and limited purposes. This may include the following:
* To provide you with the products or services you have ordered from us
* For the purposes of accounting
* To contact you occasionally to inform you of products and services provided by us. We may contact you by letter, telephone or email for this purpose.
* To process your request for information or advice
In order to collect the anonymous data described in the preceding paragraph, we may use temporary “cookies” that remain in the cookies file of your browser until the browser is closed.
Cookies by themselves cannot be used to discover the identity of the user. A cookie is a small piece of information which is sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies do not damage your computer. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. This enables you to decide if you want to accept it or not.
We also use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our website. An IP address is a numeric code that identifies your computer on a network, or in this case, the Internet. Your IP address is also used to gather broad demographic information, such as determining how many of our visitors are from outside of the UK.
We may also perform IP lookups to determine which domain you are coming from to more accurately gauge our users’ demographics.
Disclosure of your Personal Data
We do not share with, sell or distribute your Personal Data to unrelated third parties, except under these limited circumstances:
* We may share various details about you with our partners, registered suppliers, service providers or other agents in order to provide you with the products or services you have requested.
* Personal Data may occasionally be transferred to third parties who act for us for further processing in accordance with the purposes for which the data was originally collected. For example, sometimes a third party may have access to your Personal Data in order to handle postage on our behalf.
* We will not share or disclose your Personal Data to any unrelated third parties for their own marketing purposes.
* We may share or transfer the information in our databases to comply with a legal or regulatory requirement for the administration of justice to protect the security or integrity of our databases or this website, to take precautions against legal liability, or in the event of our sale, merger, reorganisation, transfer of business, dissolution or similar event.
* If we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer.
Where appropriate, before disclosing Personal Data to a third party, we contractually require the third party to take adequate precautions to protect that data and to comply with applicable law.
Sensitive Personal Data
In addition to the information we collect as described above, we use technology to collect anonymous information about the use of our website. For example, we use technology to track which pages of our website our visitors view. We also use technology to determine which Web browsers our visitors use. This does not identify you personally.
We use this anonymous data to improve the content and functionality of our website and our e-mail updates, to better understand our customers and visitors and to improve the services we offer.
Data and Security
We strive to maintain the accuracy of Personal Data in our databases and to protect the privacy and security of our databases. The security measures in place on our website and computer systems aim to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of the information you provide to us. We keep your Personal Data only for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any applicable legal or regulatory requirements.
Upon receipt of your written request and enough information to identify you, we will (subject to the exceptions to the requirement to disclose under the DPA) disclose to you the Personal Data we hold about you, for which we may charge an administration fee.
Requests to delete Personal Data are subject to any applicable legal and regulatory requirements or document retention obligations and any of our current contracts which are still in force.
If you wish to make a request relating to Personal Data held about you, please write to email@example.com.
We encourage you to ensure that your Personal Data is accurate and kept up to date so please regularly update any information you have given to us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or amending your account details within your profile. We will correct, amend or delete any Personal Data that you notify us is inaccurate at your request.
Our website may contain links to websites that are not operated by us. We do not control these websites and are not responsible for their data or privacy practices, nor do we endorse any of the activities of these third-party websites.
We may also use tracking features on our internal links to monitor the performance of our website, links followed and customer behaviour when using our site (ie. finding out which pages or items might be the most popular). This tracking method does not identify you personally.
If you no longer wish to receive information from us and want to be removed from our standard mailing list you can “unsubscribe” by emailing us at email@example.com. Our newsletter will usually contain a link to unsubscribe directly within.